Saturday, October 17, 2009

Choose 2 blogs and explain why

Much of what Bill Ferriter said in his article "Taking the Digital Plunge" resonated with me so I added his blog "The Tempered Radical" to my list. I was stunned to see that Bill actually read and posted to my blog! The world just got smaller!

My background and training is engineering and I work with students in science so I checked out the science blogs. Dale Basler's blog "dalebasler education.collaboration.design.technology" includes concise posts with practical tools and suggestions. Love it!

Each year I attend the ACTEM conference to expand my horizons. The keynotes speakers help me do that so I added:
  • "2 Cents Worth" by David Warlick
  • "21st Century Learning" by Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach
  • "Weblogg-ed Learning with the Read Write Web by Will Richardson
  • "Flick School - Learn Everything Mulitmedia" by Marco Torres
Our principal is focusing on Professional Learning Communities so I also added:
  • "AllThingsPLC" ... a blog for educators involved in Professional Learning Communities
Even though I love technology, I also believe we can be overwhelmed by it. How to do you combine technology and simplicity? I enjoy reading:
  • "Zen Habits" by Leo Babauta
  • "mnmlist.com" by Leo Babauta




1 comment:

Alice Barr said...

Excellent Blog roll. You might want to add Marco too!

Who is accessing my site?

Camping at Cobscook Bay State Park September 2009 (Using Animoto)