Sunday, February 13, 2011

History in the making

The events in Egypt are not only historic for Egypt, but they could bring change ~ dramatic change ~ to the entire region. As we went about our usual school day Thursday and Friday, I wondered how many teachers around the world (and not just social studies teachers) would be talking about it? I picked up a link via Twitter about a high school social studies teacher (Steve Goldberg Durham, NC) who is doing just that. Here is his Thursday post:
Steve's Blog ~ "What I Learned Today"
What I love about this is that the teacher and students were sharing information they were finding and discussing while it was happening.... learning together. His students will remember this for a lifetime.

No comments:

Who is accessing my site?

Camping at Cobscook Bay State Park September 2009 (Using Animoto)