Monday, November 23, 2009

K-12 Online Conference & Teaching Web 2.0

I checked Out: "K-12 Online Conference 2009" & Wendy Drexler's "Teaching Web 2.0" Added both to my blog list and iGoogle bookmarks.

Features I anticipate using from Teaching Web 2.0:
1. Resource links for various tech tools
2. SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) for each tool
3. Examples of how tools are being used by other educators
I am most excited about this. Where do you go for inspiration when your colleagues are not using Web 2.0 tools? You go to the online community!
Final thought: In her short video "Teaching Web 2.0," Wendy talks about the power of Diigo. I was blown away! I was just starting to feel comfortable and organized in Delicious but now I feel like I want to explore Diigo! Who needs TV when you can explore new tech tools?!

1 comment:

Alice Barr said...

Well said! I feel the same way. I cannot say enough about how much I have learned from my online network of learners!

Who is accessing my site?

Camping at Cobscook Bay State Park September 2009 (Using Animoto)